Serena Bishop Gordon – The Girl
I used to work in fancy office building, wear suit pants and crunch other people’s numbers. I worked for Enron, then Adidas. I learned a lot, about what I didn’t want to do.
I went to work for Patagonia and was exposed to how the other half lives. The smarter half. The half with less money, more flannel, and brighter spirits. I wanted to be part of that half.
I left for a grand adventure, a boy named Ben, a six month stint as a snowed-in winter-caretaker and a thru-hike of the Pacific Crest Trail. I called it a sabbatical. My mom called it crazy.
Ben and I moved to Bend 8 years ago.
I learned how to ride a bike and my whole world changed.
Now I work for The Conservation Alliance.
I ride my bike as much as I can and ski the rest of the time.
I am now part of the other half. The half with less money, more flannel and a brighter spirit.
I will never go back.
Serena Bishop Gordon – The Cyclist
Hometown: Bend, Oregon USA
Discipline: XC Mountain Bike, Cyclocross
Serena began racing bikes in 2008 and has quickly become one of the top riders in the Pacific Northwest. In July 2013, she placed 2nd behind Pua Mata in the USA Cycling National Marathon Mountain Bike Championships, won the 2013 Ultra Endurance Tour, and High Cascades 100.
Serena won the Cross Crusade Cyclocross Series in 2011, 2012 & 2013 and consistently finishes in the 10 in National UCI cyclocross races.
In addition to racing bikes, Serena works for The Conservation Alliance, connecting businesses with non-profit organizations working to protect North America’s last wild places.Mountain Bike Highlights
- USA Cycling Ultra Endurance Tour Champion, 2013
- 2nd place Pro Marathon Mountain Bike Nationals, 2013
- 1st place High Cascade 100, 2013
- 8th place Whiskey 50 Fat Tire Crit, 2013
- National Champion, Cat 1 30-34 National XC, 2012
- Oregon XC Mountain Bike Series Champion, 2012
- 2nd place High Cascades 100 MTB, 2012
- 4th place Pro Marathon Mountain Bike Nationals, 2012
- 1st place Cross Crusade Series, 2011, 2012, 2013
- 4th place Deschutes Brewery Cup, 2013
- 6th place UCI Charm City Cross Day 1 & 2, 2013
- 8th place UCI CXLA, Day 1 & 2, 2013
- 7th place UCI Spooky Kross Day #2, 2012